Introduction: Savor the delicious flavors of a classic dish without compromising your health goals with this Homemade Healthy Shrimp Scampi, tailored for Weight W. This recipe preserves the rich taste of succulent shrimp and the zesty essence of garlic and lemon, all while being mindful of your points and nutritional intake. Enjoy the satisfaction of a restaurant-worthy meal that aligns with your weight management objectives.
Gather the following wholesome ingredients to prepare this Healthy Shrimp Scampi:
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 oz whole wheat or chickpea pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Prepare Pasta: Cook the whole wheat or chickpea pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Sauté Shrimp: In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the peeled and deveined shrimp, cooking for 2-3 minutes on each side or until they turn pink and opaque. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set them aside.
- Sauté Garlic and Red Pepper Flakes: In the same skillet, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Sauté minced garlic and red pepper flakes for about 1 minute until fragrant. Be cautious not to burn the garlic.
- Deglaze with Chicken Broth: Pour in the low-sodium chicken broth to deglaze the skillet, scraping up any flavorful bits from the bottom. This adds depth to the sauce.
- Add Lemon Juice and Zest: Squeeze the juice of one lemon into the skillet and add the lemon zest. Stir the ingredients together, infusing the sauce with a bright and zesty flavor.
- Combine Shrimp and Pasta: Return the cooked shrimp to the skillet, coating them with the flavorful garlic and lemon sauce. Add the cooked pasta to the mixture, tossing everything together until well combined.
- Season and Garnish: Season the Healthy Shrimp Scampi with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish the dish with fresh parsley, adding a burst of freshness and color.
- Serve and Enjoy: Plate the Shrimp Scampi, ensuring an even distribution of shrimp, pasta, and the flavorful sauce. This homemade, healthier version of Shrimp Scampi is ready to be enjoyed as a satisfying and figure-friendly meal.
Conclusion: Homemade Healthy Shrimp Scampi crafted for Weight W brings the joy of a classic seafood dish to your table without sacrificing your health-conscious choices. With the balance of succulent shrimp, whole wheat or chickpea pasta, and a flavorful garlic-lemon sauce, this recipe proves that wholesome eating can be both delicious and mindful of your weight management goals. Savor the vibrant flavors of this dish guilt-free as you continue on your journey towards a healthier lifestyle.
Healthy 3 W-W point (or 0 if you hold the linguine!) shrimp scampi with or without linguine
PREP TIME5minutes mins
COOK TIME10minutes mins
- cooking spray
- 4 cloves fresh garlic minced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¾ teaspoonkosher salt, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ lb large or medium shrimp de-shelled
- ⅓ cupchopped parsley
- ½ lemon freshly squeezed juice
- ½ lb whole wheat linguine noodles (about two cups)
- Heat your skillet on medium/high and spray with cooking spray
- Toss in the shrimp and sprinkle with seasoning and lemon juice
- Sear them on high then reduce heat to low
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until they turn pink
- In a separate pot, cook the linguine in 6 cups of water for approximately 8 minutes, drain and set aside (it will be al-dente)
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and whisk in the broth
- Simmer for 10 minutes
- Remove heat and add the shrimp and noodles back into the broth
Nutrition calculation includes linguine
Calories: 327kcalCarbohydrates: 45.9gProtein: 27.5gFat: 3.3gSaturated Fat: 0.7gCholesterol: 214mgSodium: 328mgPotassium: 348mgFiber: 1.3gCalcium: 88mgIron: 3mg